DINA's Young Producers programme is open again for applications! It was postponed last year due to obvious reasons, but will go ahead this October.
Young Producers is an opportunity for a small group of young people to participate in a training programme working towards the creation of their own event in November in Sheffield. DINA are looking for six people aged 18 to 30 with a passion for music who will bring their own ideas and vision to this exciting project. To address the diversity gap in the industry they are looking to engage LGBTQ+, female and non binary participants and POC.
Every Wednesday from 6th October to 1st December 2021. Some evenings (dates tbc).
The Young Producers will receive:
- 10 days of training, workshops and professional visits to learn about curation, production, design, budgeting, artist liaison and marketing from established event and festival creators
- £16 per day towards travel and lunch
- A £1,000 budget to create a music event
- A certificate listing the experience gained
- Future production opportunities with DINA and partners
Running alongside the training will be an exciting program of events produced by DINA that the Young Producers will have the opportunity to shadow on.
If you are interested in participating please email DINA with either a piece of writing (500 words max) or audio or video recording (three minutes max) outlining your interest in the opportunity. If you have any experience of organising events please discuss this too (although this will not inform the selection process – everyone can apply!). Applicants need to be 18-30 years old and either LGBTQ+, female, non binary or POC.
Deadline for applications is 23:59 on 1st August 2021.
Submit your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.